River and Harbors Act
River and Harbors Act is an Act of the Parliament of Palmshire, passed during reign of King Legion I, that formally established the statutory basis for the Corps of Royal Engineers within the Palmshire Army.
The Act was passed during the Ninth Parliament on 5 August 2016 with 3 for ayes, 1 for nay, and one Member of Parliament in attendance abstained.
Text of the Act
An Act to authorize construction of water improvements for the navigation purpose.
- Be it enacted by the King's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
Section 1 - Royal Corps of Engineers (Establishment and Appointments)
- (1) The Corps of Royal Engineers shall be established within the Palmshire Army to undertake the construction of water improvements for navigation purposes.
- (2) Chief Royal Engineer shall head the said corps and shall be appointed by the Foreign Secretary.
Section 2 - Royal Corps of Engineers (Authorized Strength and Functions)
- (1) Corps of Royal Engineers shall be authorized to raise a regiment with authorized strength of eighty men.
- (2) Corps of Royal Engineers is authorized to undertake surveys necessary for mapping and for construction.
- (a) Corps of Royal Engineers is furthermore authorized to conduct surveys for the purpose of determining the boundaries of the Kingdom of Palmshire.